I’ve just uploaded a new release of GH1 to GitHub. This one overhauls the SDL interface, updates the gender and romance options, allows skill training to be purchased for lancemates, and fixes a whole lot of bugs. Precompiled binaries for Linux and Windows are available; unfortunately, I don’t currently have access to a Mac.
Detailed change list and gratuitous plug below the fold.– Fixed bug in Hermit Hop (SCENE_MeetingPath.txt)
– Fixed DirKey screen refresh (sdlgfx.pp)
– Set correct age for Omega-1004 (TS_LANCE_Z1004_STORY.txt)
– Added title screen logo (gharena.pas)
– Jump countdown timer fixed (pcaction.pp)
– Updated gender and romance options (ghchars.pp)
– Refactored \SPR and \OPR tags to be correct (arenascript.pp)
– Added instructions to phone (pcaction.pp)
– Lancemates may use skill trainers (services.pp)
– SDL Browse Design Files now works like GH2 version (arenahq.pp)
– SDL UI reworked all over. Heaps more info shown to the player.
– Backpack and FieldHQ now save menu position (pcaction.pp,backpack.pp)
– Training menu has been reworked (pcaction.pp)
– Pressing left or right in backpack will cycle lancemates (backpack.pp)
– Backpack menu for SDL mode reworked (backpack.pp)
– Cancelling job selection menu gives new PC random job (randchar.pp)
– Character generator interface should be more consistent (randchar.pp)
– Added InfoBox from GearHead2.1 (sdlgfx.pp)
– Fixed BountyJob bugs (PLOT_BountyJob1.txt)
– Switch weapon should now reliably switch weapon (menugear.pp)
– Fixed some SDL handling weirdness throughout program
– SDL window now resizeable (sdlgfx.pp)
The picture at the top of the post is from “Words of the Spacegod”, a story I did for the Spring 2015 DoubleThink anthology. Their next one is coming out soon and I have another story (with even more giant robots) in it.
As usual, try it out and let me know what you think.