Somebody has started a new GearHead wiki at Wikia. It still needs a lot of work, so if you have the time and interest consider entering some mecha or whatnot. I’m not sure if everything from the archive.org capture of the old wiki has been added yet.
This really need some kind of dump from the game to generate the mecha stats easily… another easy stuff to try myself.
That’s a great idea, and it shouldn’t be too hard to pull off. Let me know what you come up with.
I did a simple shortable mecha table. It should be on the wiki.
I started it last month but got distracted, still very incomplete.
Added Tons, MV, TR & SE to the list
PS: Also added hands and mounting points too.
I’ll try later to create a small repository with the source code (as I have also some dump from equipment too)
Just a small repository with a single source file.
Current version has mecha and personal scale weapons info.
It’s increible wasteful as it read the equipment file again and again instead of reusing the item list… but there isn’t need to be fast nor elegant, it works.
Are these commands up to date? http://isometricland.net/keyboard/chart-gearhead.php?gam=76&sty=15&lay=1
I think so.
Is htere any way to re-initialize the world in GH 1 (or even 2). I like to mess around with the series files, but to see the effects I need to start a new game. Is there anyway I could see the changes in a current game?
Part Wish List, Part Questions (maybe there is way to do some of this already anyway):
1) A quick eat option (instead of going to your inventory).
2) A way to heal Lancemates/Pets (as you can repair mecha – through the HQ) and fix their equipment.
3) A way to cycle through Lancemate/Pets in the learning skills screen (I think this is in the works?).
4) Adding Gyros/Engines to the moddability of mecha (I think from a realism view this might be silly… but eh… could be restricted to certain sizes).
5) Weapon addon, have it show like it does (in the inventory screen) with things installed on mecha ie:
6) Middle mouse use for scrolling up and down lists.
7) A warning when you are modding your mecha that tells you when stats (TR, MV) etc are going to be affected for the worse, before you install and piece of equipment/
8) Auto-pilot – for those times you are just too lazy to even get out of bed. This will put your character into AI control (until you press a certain key).
Now a question about Designs:
When you add a mecha to a certain design (say you add new a Burru in the Burru.txt in the Design folder). Does this design get added to the list of mecha that random enemies/loot can use (I am guessing so since it happens with the shop wares)?
Although I am fairly certain if you add a new .txt file it will only appear in shops right?
Aight, peace ye’all.
by 6) middle mouse, I actually meant mouse wheel.
Also with 5) (sorta) I know engines have a certain amount of power they can use before needing recharged (moving and energy weapons use this up, staying still recharges…) is there anyway to check to see how much power an engine has and has left?).
Also in the mecha inventory:
A way to show left hand and right hand (based on what arm the hand is affixed to).