I’ve just uploaded version 1.301 to GitHub. This is largely a bugfix release; there were several problems with the improved SDL interface, as expected. I also fixed some problems with the content, including what I hope is the cause of the mysterious villainous reputation Thanks to everybody who submitted bug reports.
The other big thing is the inclusion of some features to hopefully make the ASCII interface work better on a braille reader. The Accessibility_On config option changes the navigation display from a compass to plain text.
Complete list of changes below the fold.
- Added accessibility option for ASCII mode (ui4gh.pp)
- View Mecha should show correct repair cost (services.pp)
- Shrine prop sturdier (STCdefault.txt)
- Exceeding skill number limit indicated in SDL chargen (randchar.pp)
- Fixed faulty SDL info display when selling items (services.pp)
- Fixed memos from deleted plots bug (arenascript.pp)
- Mecha Part Editor crash fixed (sdlinfo.pp)
- Tech Vulture can’t remove integral parts (arenascript.pp)
- In ASCII mode, cursor should indicate position of PC (conmap.pp)
- Fixed AutoTraining overspending bug (pcaction.pp)
- Renamed ifPersona ASL command to ifNPCOK
- Removed faction difficulty counter (ADV_FederatedTerritories.txt)
- Robotics adjusted (skilluse.pp)
- Fixed heroism pecking in series folder
As usual, try it out and let me know what you think.
braille reader?! man, I love you
I know this sounds like a blasphemy, but someone has to ask: any plan for sound and music? I mean, even just the functionality will be enough, some fans will fill in the sound effects and copyright issue eventually.
Please don’t be overwhelmed by all of the feature requests. We’re all just so excited that such a fun series of games is getting some attention again. We can’t help ourselves.
Joseph, I want you to know that you’re doing a great job. Keep doing what you’re doing.
I would like to make Identical robots to follow me around. I am not sure the best way to go about doing this. You could give the user more control over what you make. The Idea that I think you are more likely to go for is, where you make a blue print. Making a blueprint could/ would destroy the robot you are copying and the blueprint could fail to be made. Once a blueprint is made it would not be destroyed when building new robots. Then when you build a robot clone it would have minimum requirements and is more likely to fail, but you would know exactly what your getting if it succeeds.
Found a minor bug. Going into the Mauna Cavern throws up an error message every 5 minutes:
ERROR: Unknown ASL command PCMORALDMG in Mauna Cavern
ERROR: Unknown ASL command -1 in Mauna Cavern
Seems like it’s caused by a typo: the ASL command PCMORALEDMG has been misspelled as PCMORALDMG, on line 7514 of the campaign file ADV_FederatedTerritories.txt, found in the Series folder.
Fixing the typo in ADV_FederatedTerritories.txt will prevent the bug from reoccurring on future campaigns, but it will still persist in a preexisting campaign (because the relevant line has already been copied into the save file, when the world is generated. In that case, the bug can still be fixed in an existing game by editing (using a text editor such as Notepad++) the savefile (instead of the campaign file) to correct PCMORALDMG to PCMORALEDMG.
I believe the bug is just minor and doesn’t cause any issues (beyond not receiving the +1 to morale every 5 minutes while in the sauna cave). Might freak out some people though. It did to me before I peeked through the code.