I've just uploaded v0.501 of GearHead2 to SourceForge. This is a pretty minor release- there are a few bugs fixed, some balance issues addressed, and some new content added. I hope you're lucky enough to generate the "find enemy base, they activate self-destruct, battle arch-enemy" core story event since it's one of the funnest ones currently there.
Here's the list of changes:
- Added +Pew Enemy Weapon Program plot state
- XXRan_Debug shows info about core story subplots (mpbuilder.pp)
- All global gears should be saved from deleted metascenes (playwright.pp)
- Fixed a major problem with exits during world generation (navigate.pp)
- Conversation doesn't give regular skillroll XP (interact.pp)
- Stealth, Awareness only give XP when used against enemies (action.pp)
- Mission cash rewards increased (arenascript.pp)
Here are some of the issues:
- There are still a lot of deadends; in fact, one recent character got a deadend right after talking to her friend at the beginning of the game! The "Guard Job" task needs some components, and there need to be more conversations.
- The PC can't be rescued if he dies in a dynamic scene, or a metascene after the plot which generated it concludes. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.
- There really are a lot of lancemate issues. I'm going to start a new thread about that.
Try it out, let me know what you think.