There’s a wall type in GearHead that is described simply as “Wall”, and now it has a fancy new sprite. Well, maybe not fancy, but what do you expect for the most generic wall in the game?
I’ve been thinking about the improvements to GH1 that I need to port to GH2. I think my next big programming task should be to catch up the GH2 source to the current state of GH1. The longer I leave it the more of a nightmare it’s going to be, and it’s already kinda scary. Here are the main things that need to be updated:
- Resizeable window with GH1 style panels.
- Move the saves and the config file to the user’s home/config folder.
- Copy the much-improved GH1 character generator and training layouts. Add instructions to the phone interface.
- Update the romance and gender options.
- Allow lancemates to purchase skill training, and allow cycling of lancemates from the backpack interface.
- Update the colormenu with the improvements made in GH1.
- Make sure status effects don’t have any effect during quick time. Also make sure that the DirKey function updates the screen correctly.
- Update the GH2 logo, and give it a proper name. GH1 is “GearHead: Arena”, but GH2 is just GH2. Right now I’m leaning towards “GearHead: Superstar” but I’m not sure whether that is too cheesy or exactly cheesy enough.
- Add the animated water and thin door sprites.
That should bring GH2 into line with GH1. Later on I’ll post about my plans to finish GH2 properly.