I’ve arranged the new Field HQ display, which now shows info about the team’s mecha in the right side panel. Unfortunately, I can’t find several of the original mecha portrait files, which is a problem because I’m resizing them to 160×160 instead of 100×150*. One of the problems with the 100×150 GH2 mecha pics is that large, bulky units such as the Savin and the Zwar come out looking smaller than tall skinny units like the Ice Wind and the War Cry.
The mecha info panel could probably use some more information:
- Separate tallies for internal and carried mass, showing the MV/TR penalty associated with each.
- The number of hands and weapon mounts, as per GH2.
- Damage status. I just realized that’s not even shown.
- List of defensive systems: ECM, shields, anti-missile weapons.
- Daemonward’s encumberance display.
That seems like an awful lot to fit into a single 250×300 panel. Anything else that should be displayed?
*Yes, I’m aware that this Savin is being depicted as a Zerosaiko. The Savin portrait is one of the ones I can’t find. 🙁